ABSA understands that life can be difficult and sometimes assistance is needed to reach one’s goals in life which in turn leads to a success and fulfilling career. ABSA offers candidates who are motivated as well as dedicated to follow a career into the world of finance with bursaries to help them achieve their goals. If you dream of working in the field of finance then you should apply for a bursary with ABSA. Their aim is to fill the critical openings within the financial sector with skilled and properly qualified candidates that are willing to study full time to achieve this.
ABSA has sponsored between 50 and 80 candidates each year for the last five years in a wide range of financial fields and will keep doing so with their bursary program. Have a look at the fields available if you would love to pursue such a career into the financial sector.
ABSA bursaries include the following which will be paid yearly depending on the need of each candidate.
- Full Tuition fees
Respectively candidate will be re-evaluated each year and the bursary support will continue for students who perform satisfactorily. With this bursary program, ABSA is able to employ talented skilled workers and assist candidates who want to study further to reach their dreams.
ABSA Bursaries Available
The following fields of study are available with the ABSA bursary program:
The following is for Bachelor and Postgraduate Degree qualifications:
- Risk / Investment Management
- Industrial / Finance / Process Engineering
- Accounting – CA (SA) / CIMA / ACCA
- Mathematical Science
- Actuarial Science
The following if for Majoring in the Agricultural Science field:
- Plant Production (Agricultural Economics)
- Agronomy (Agricultural Economics)
- Animal Science (Agricultural Economics)
- Viticulture (Agricultural Economics)
- Soil Science (Agricultural Economics)
- Horticultural (Agricultural Economics)
ABSA Bursaries: Requirements
To be able to qualify for a Post or Undergraduate bursary University students must comply with the following criteria:
- Candidates must currently be studying at an accredited university in South Africa towards one of the above-mentioned fields of study.
- A minimum of 70% must be achieved for the first semester of study in this field within the year of applying.
- Candidates who have criminal records will not be considered for a bursary.
To be able to qualify for a new bursary for matriculates completing their matric year they must comply with the following criteria: