Ernest Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Sir Ernest Oppenheimer founded Anglo American Corporation of South Africa, he was also a successful gold and diamond entrepreneur, philanthropist and financier, as well as being in control of De Beers.
The Memorial Trust was setup to honor him and to help students with funding their tertiary studies.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Ernest Oppenheimer bursary is specifically for current Matric students who intend on studying Engineering/ Geology or Accounting, at a recognized South African tertiary institution in the following year. Students will be selected based on academic performance and financial need.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen/ permanent resident,
- Students who intend on studying Engineering/ Geology: must have obtained a minimum level 6 for Mathematics and Science,
- Students who intend on studying Accounting: must have obtained a minimum level 6 for Mathematics.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Ernest Oppenheimer Memorial Trust Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Colour photo (passport size),
- Grade 11 final results (copy).
Fully complete application forms and supporting documents must then be submitted in one of the following way:
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
2) FAX: 086 602 8949
3) EMAIL: email@example.com
30 May annually
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 484 7505
Fax: 086 602 8949