AFDA POSTGRADUATE HONOURS Development Bursary
The AFDA Board of Education Postgraduate Honours Development Bursary for Motion Picture or Live Performance: Bridging into the Industry.
The AFDA Board of Education (ABE) have announced that applications for the Honours Development Bursary are open for . This scholarship is awarded either for the following AFDA qualification: POSTGRADUATE BA HONOURS in Motion Picture or Live Performance. The value of the scholarship is part or full value of 1 year full-time of the course’s tuition fees only from January December . Current AFDA 3rd year students, previous AFDA BA graduates and outside RPL (Recognised Prior Learning) candidates may apply.
ABE SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA give consideration to:
- Academic excellence: Qualify with the minimum requirements
- Discipline excellence: Consideration of degree/university electives and/or experience/learning in a related area
- Capacity for teaching, mentoring, administrative or marketing.
- Financial status: Evidence of lack of capacity to afford fees.
1) Apply online for the Postgraduate Bachelor of Arts: www.afda.co.za/apply
- Once you have applied for the course to a specific campus, you can apply to the same campus for the bursary
2) Compile the following:
- Most recent academic qualification results available / certificate of tertiary qualification achieved
- Max 2 Page CV
- 1 Page Motivation Letter (no longer than 1 page) on why you should receive an AFDA Development Bursary
- Include in your motivation letter OR provide a separate document regarding your financial status and need for tuition support.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Friday 30 September 2016
Delivery method must be either via email or physical drop off at the Student Affairs office of the specific campus to which you have applied to study.
There is no application fee. Applicants will be reviewed and short-listed applicants may be invited for an interview.
Applicants who are awarded the bursary will sign a Acceptance of Bursary offer letter as well as a Spirit of Agreement. It is important to note that this is a work-back bursary. Terms and conditions apply. Please contact the campuses – details below – for more details.