Arup Education Trust Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Philosopher and engineer Ove Arup, founded Arup, a consulting engineering company in London in 1946. Seventy decades later and the company is now an international consulting organisation.
The Arup Education Trust was established with the aim of bettering the lives of previously disadvantaged students, by funding their studies and thereby equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to enter the work force.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Arup Education Trust Bursary was created in the hopes of helping students with strong academic merit, but lacking financial funding. The bursary will be awarded to students who are currently studying or intend on studying within the built environment field.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria before applying:
- Must be black (per SA BEE codes),
- Previously disadvantaged,
- Currently studying towards a B Tech or degree in the built environment, or registered and accpeted to study in the upcoming year,
- Studying at a university in the Eastern Cape/ Gauteng/ KwaZulu-Natal,
- Strong academic record,
- Combined household income of no more than R10 000/ month.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Arup Bursary Application Form (PDF) version, or the Arup Bursary Application Form (word doc) version.
The following supporting documents must accompany your complete application form:
- Copy of your ID document,
- Copy of latest results,
- Proof of household income (payslips),
- Recommendation letter from one of your lecturers.
The above documents and your application form can then be submitted in one of the following ways;
1) Hand-delivered to:
The Arup Education Trust
10 High Street
Melrose Arch 2076
2) Emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org
30 September annually
For any bursary queries, please contact
Tel: 011 218 7613