Athlone Institute South Africa Bursary 2021 –
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Athlone Institute South Africa Bursary – The Athlone Institute was established in 1926, when residents of the Paarl area recognised the need for Higher Educational facilities for coloured students. In 1998, the Bursary Project Committee was founded and later in 2006 became renamed as “he Athlone Institute Bursary Project Fund (AIBPROF)”. Athlone Institute Bursary Project Fund has since helped more than 1500 students with their tertiary studies.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to second and third year students and bursary loans are available for first year students. Students must be studying or intend on studying a qualification recognised by the Department of Higher Education and Training and must have passed the previous year of study.
ELIGIBILITY – Athlone Institute South Africa Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Member of one of the Athlone Institute Trust member churches OR a permanent resident in Mbekweni/ Paarl and a member of the church,
- Proven strong academic record,
- Full-time student at a recognised tertiary institution (the tertiary institution and field of study must be accredited by the Council of Higher Learning),
- Passed the previous year of study at the recognised tertiary institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Athlone Institute Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following documents must accompany the complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution (certified copy),
- Proof of registration fee payment (certified copy),
- Proof of residence,
- Parents/ guardians recent payslips (certified copies) OR sworn affidavits if they are unemployed,
- 1st year tertiary students: Matric results (certified copy),
- Senior tertiary students: letter of academic record (certified copy).
Complete application forms and supporting document must be posted to:
Athlone Institute Bursary Project Fund
PO Box 846
(Please do not email or fax your applications, as they will not be considered.)
13 February annually.
CONTACT Athlone Institute South Africa Bursary
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 862 7777