Buffalo City Municipality: Bursaries 2021 in Eastern Cape
Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality: Bursaries 2021 in Eastern Cape
The Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality is offering financial assistance to students, in the form of study bursaries for the academic year in Eastern Cape. This is an Executive Mayoral driven initiative which is done as part of Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality’s development of human capital, and applications are invited from students of previously disadvantaged backgrounds. The Bursary Fund is intended to assist current or prospective students and shall be used towards covering tuition and registration fees, prescribed books, study material and accommodation. Successful applicants are expected to study full time at any accredited South African Tertiary institution preferably Eastern Cape based in .
Bursary Application deadline is 28 October 2016
Bursary Provider: Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
Bursary Location: Eastern Cape
Fields of studies:
- ENGINEERING (Mechanical , Electrical and Civil Engineerng • Analytical Chemistry • Biochemistry)
- FINANCE (Valuation • Supply Chain Management • Accountancy and related fields)
- PLANNING AND ECONOMIC SCIENCES (Land Survey • City Planning • Architecture • Economic Development)
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Web Development and Programme Analyst)
- AGRICULTURE (Rural Development • Farming)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 30 November 2016 for a personal interview.
- Be South African citizens, permanently residing in Buffalo City
- Have a proof of residence when applying for the bursary.
- Provide proof of income of their family household.
- Be willing to work within Buffalo City after completing their studies.
Certified copies of the following documents must accompany applications:
- Most recent academic record
- South African Identity Document and proof of residency in Buffalo City
Municipality or a letter confirming residency from the ward councillor.
- Selection criteria is based strictly on academic merit and successful
applicants are able to renew their bursaries annually based on their academic
performance in the previous year.
- The student must have at least D in English C in Mathematics and Science. The bursary fund has a clear bias towards underprivileged individuals and is targeting young people from 14 – 35 years of
- The Municipality is committed to advancing Employment Equity including
persons with disabilities and encourages students with disabilities to apply to
the Bursary Fund.
- Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality wishes to advise that
students are personally responsible for their admission to a tertiary
How to Apply
Application forms are available at any Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality
Youth Advisory Centers within the Community Support Centers in Buffalo City
Metropolitan Municipality, i.e. Mdantsane Library Complex, King William’s Town
Civic Centre, Duncan Village Art Centre and in East London Trust Centre Building
7th Floor office number 706.
Completed applications can be hand delivered to the Human Resources
Department, Buxton House, Buxton Street or posted to the Human Resources
Department P.O. Box 134 East London, 5200.
Please note that no late applications will be considered and if you have not
been contacted regarding your bursary application before 15 December 2016, your
application has been unsuccessful.
For more information related to the bursary, please contact: Nandi Jaji 043