Cape Peninsula University of Technology Funding
CPUT offers bursaries to first year students and to students who are already studying (returning students).
CPUT offers merit scholarships to first-year students who achieved an overall matric pass of 75%.
The scholarship covers a year’s worth of tuition fees.
First-year students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply:
- A 75% overall matric pass
- A 75% matric pass in subjects required for entry in the faculties of Engineering or Applied Sciences
- A previously disadvantaged individual, with a 75% overall matric pass, who will be pursuing studies in the following ares:
- Hospitality Management
- Jewellery Design
- Dental Technology
- Emergency Medical Science
- A South African citizen with no criminal record.
Completed forms with supporting documents must be handed in at the Financial Aid Office Bellville Campus.
Applications closed on 29 February 2016.
University administered awards
University Administered Awards (bursaries) are offered by donors who have made funds available for CPUT to administer according to set criteria. University Administered Awards are for second, third and fourth year students only. Applicants must be South African citizens, have a very good academic record, should be assessed as financially needy and have to make a family contribution towards their studies. The size of awards varies.