Nampak Tissue Bursary South Africa 2021
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Nampak is the largest packaging manufacturer in Africa, and has more than 6600 employees across the continent.
Nampak Tissue, a division of Nampak Products Limited started the bursary scheme to help financially support needy students with their tertiary education. In the last financial year alone, Nampak have spent over R14.7 million on education, of which almost R4 million was spent on bursaries.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursary awards will be granted to students who pursue a Pulp and Paper Technology (National Diploma) qualification – this is a specialised sector of Chemical Engineering.
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition, prescribed textbooks, accommodation in residence, meals and a monthly allowance.
Students will be required to take part in vacation work at one of Nampak’s Tissue Making Mills, during university holidays. Students will also be required to complete in-service training during the third year of studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric,
- Achieved a minimum “C” symbol for Mathematics and Physical Science (Higher Grade) OR minimum “A” symbol (NSC rating 5) for (Standard Grade),
- Intend on studying a full-time Pulp and Paper Technology (National Diploma),
- Intend on studying at the Durban University of Technology,
- Strong technical and analytical abilities,
- Hard working,
- Prepared to do shift work in the production environment (during and after graduation).
*Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible students can apply in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 501 7527
The following documents should be included in your application pack:
- A covering letter (we have drafted Nampak Bursary Letter Example the which students can download and edit, otherwise please feel free to write your own cover letter if you wish),
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Full academic record/ transcript (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Curriculum Vitae.
18 November annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact: