ABOUT THE BURSAR
Vodacom was founded in 1994 and is currently one of the leading mobile communications companies in Southern Africa. Apart from its origin, South Africa, Vodacom also provides services to more than 40 African countries.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
With the hopes of bridging the gap in the market for ICT skills (which are currently in great shortage in South Africa), Vodacom offers 50 students the chance to achieve their dreams in the ICT (information and communications technology) field.
The Vodacom bursary scheme was initiated in 1999 and has awarded over 1000 bursaries since its inception. Students are selected from disadvantaged backgrounds who show great potential in the ICT and engineering sectors.
This bursary programme is for students studying/ intending on studying within the following fields:
- Computer Engineering,
- Computer Science,
- Information Systems,
- Electronic/ Electrical Engineering (Light current),
- *any degrees or diplomas in similar fields of study.
Please make sure that you meet the below minimum requirements before submitting your application:
- South African citizen,
- Not older than 25 years of age,
- Intend on studying full-time at a South African tertiary institution,
- Have a maximum household income of R150 000 per annum,
- Obtain a minimum “B” symbol in Science and Mathematics Higher Grade,
- Pass Grade 12 with exemption (minimum),
- Current 1st year students may also apply if they meet the above criteria, and they are enrolled in a recognised South African tertiary institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Vodacom Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following with your complete application form:
- Copy of academic results (matriculants may supply final grade 11 results),
- Colour photo (passport size) attached to the top right-hand side of the first page.
Please send your application form and documents to:
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
Fax: 086 609 7183 OR Email: email@example.com
30 June annually