CSIR: Environmental Assessment Graduate / Internship Programme 2015
Location: Durban / Stellenbosch
CSIR Consulting and Analytical Services (CAS) unit has Internship/Trainee: Environmental Assessment Practitioners in the Environmental Management Service Competence area. These positions involve the application of a range of environmental assessment and management skills, including environmental impact assessment; environmental management plans; strategic environmental assessment; as well as related skills such as environmental audits and due diligence; monitoring and evaluation; devising sustainability frameworks; and sustainability reporting.
- An Honours degree in environmental science or any related field to sustainable development such as geography, conservation ecology, planning or environmental engineering.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience in environmental assessment and management will be an added advantage.
- A keen and critical grasp of national and international developments regarding development and sustainability issues, for example, pertaining to infrastructure development, renewable energy and Climate Change.
- Familiarity with, and experience of, international funding, aid and donor agency contracting processes and Project Management.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation, institutional structures and environmental assessment, and management practice in South Africa and possibly also other developing countries.
- Experience in Application of scientific analytical research methodology, as verified through for example, publication of papers, conference proceedings or book chapters.
- Training and/or experience in proposal preparation, report writing, Project Management and communication skills.
- Capability in conducting independent investigations as well as integrating information from across disciplines.
- A valid South African Code B or EB driver’s licence.
- Conduct independent investigations as well as integrate information from across disciplines.
- Work together with colleagues to develop our environmental assessment and management capabilities, through developing networks, growing our business and building new competences.
- Coordinate and manage environmental studies, from the proposal and negotiation phases through to public consultation, information collation, report writing and communication of findings, under supervision of a senior Project Manager.
- Travel regularly both within South Africa and possibly to other African countries.
How To Apply
Apply for the CSIR Environmental Assessment Practitioners Graduate / Internship Programme
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now