Department Of Environmental Affairs Bursaries
The Department Of Environmental Affairs Bursaries are advertised annually towards the beginning of the third quarter through print media, i.e. the national newspapers and on this website. The departmental recruitment and selection processes apply.
The department offers bursaries to previously disadvantage South African citizens; the purpose of the programme is to establish an effective system for continuous development of qualified candidates for future appointments and mobility in both the public and private sector.
The Department of Environmental Affairs’ (DEA) programme seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Enhance youth development
- Develop a culture of high quality lifelong learning within Department of Environmental Affairs
Procedures and information to apply
Who is eligible to apply?
Consideration for bursars is given to previously disadvantage South African students who have successfully completed their first year of undergraduate studies and those who are registered for post-graduate studies.
DEA offers bursaries in the following fields of study:
- Environmental Law
- Resource Economics
- Waste and Pollution Management
- Environmental Sciences
- Chemistry/ Chemical Engineering
- Marine Biology and Marine Sciences
- Geographic Information Systems
- Conservation Planning and Conservation Biology
- Application letter motivating why a bursary should be awarded in your favour
- Curriculum Vitae with contact details (more than one contact details)
- Certified copies of recent academic record/ transcript
- Proof of registration / admission letter from tertiary institution
- Certified copy of identity document
- Proof of parents / guardian`s income