Department Of Agriculture Forestry And Fisheries Organogram
Department Of Agriculture Forestry And Fisheries Organogram, An organizational chart (often called organization chart, org chart, organigram(me), or organogram) is a diagram that shows the structure of an organization and the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and positions/jobs. The term is also used for similar diagrams, for example ones showing the different elements of a field of knowledge or a group of languages.
Organogram of Functions
Directorate: Forestry Regulations and Oversight
Aim: To provide forestry regulation and oversight
- Develop national norms and standards of sustainable forest management
- Administer the National Forests Act, 1998 (Act No 84 of 1998 and the National Veld and Forest Fire Act, 1998 (Act 101 of 1998
- Ensure sustainable use of the natural resource base through the management of the overall system for forestry data, information, and knowledge, including spatial and non-spatial forestry information.
- Support rural socio-economic development through access and use of State forests and developing systems and strategies for preventing, managing and monitoring veld and forest fires.
- Ensure access to forestry information by sector stakeholders and the gathering of forestry information by the regions.
- Supports sustainable forest management by monitoring forestry management and ensuring that there is sufficient capacity at the local level for implementing forestry legislation.
- Provides technical advice to, and support for, the organisation and operation of local institutions to prevent veld and forest fires and to achieve fire management goals in general
For further information contact:
DAFF Offices Map
|Name: Mr AR .Madula|
|Tel number:012 309 5710|
|Fax number: 012309 5840|
|Email address: RennyM@daff.gov.za|