Department Of Agriculture Forestry And Fisheries Scholarships
Department Of Agriculture Forestry And Fisheries Scholarships, The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in a career in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors .
DAFF: Bursary / Scholarship Programme
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in a career in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2017 academic year. The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Mathematics and Physical Science 6 (70-79 %)
Mathematics and Physical Science 4 (60-69%)
Mathematics and Physical Science 4 (50-59%)
1. It is worth noting that certain fields of study are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
- B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.): University of Pretoria
- B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch
- B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
- B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
- B.Sc. Ichthyology specialising in Aquaculture: Rhodes University
- B.Sc. Entomology: University of Pretoria, Free State and Fort Hare
- National Diploma: Forestry: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- National Diploma: Marine Science: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
2. Applicants must be South African citizens.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms available from the website address: Postgraduate Application Form 2021 | Undergraduate Application Form 2021
- Applicants who apply for fields of study that are not listed above will not be considered.
- Please note that communication will be limited to successful applicants only. If you have not received any communication from the department by15 January 2017, after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process, consider your application unsuccessful.
- All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to the following address:The Director: Ms Amanda ShokaneDirectorate: Sector Education and Training
Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Private Bag X250
For further enquiries please contact
Mr Vusimuzi Mngomezulu : 012 319 7923
Ms Boitumelo Maleka : 012 319 7024