Department Of Human Settlements Pretoria
Department Of Human Settlements Pretoria, The Department came into being in 1994 after the dawn of democracy. Its roots can be traced back to 1956 when the Freedom Charter was adopted in Kliptown. The clause that says: There shall be houses, security and comfort is the founding base for the department. Also the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa (1996) state that access to housing is a basic human right, the government has to ensure that an environment conducive to progressive realisation of the right.
- The office of Human Settlements Ombudsman
- Call Centre: 0800 1(HOUSE) 46873 Weekdays 6a.m – 10p.m
- Fax Number: 012 341 8512
- Fraud & Corruption: 0800 701 701
- Address: Govan Mbeki House, 240 Justice Mahomed Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria, 0002
- Postal Address: DHS Private Bag X644, Pretoria, 0001
Department of Human Settlements – Pretoria
We are a government/public organisation. We focus on providing housing for disadvantaged families and communities including people affected by the HIV and AIDS pandemic. We are the national head office. We are open from 07:30 to 16:00, Monday to Friday.