Department Of Social Development Scholarships
The Department of Social Development is looking for people to be trained as social workers. Applications who are current Social Work students as well as prospective students who would like to enrol for a social work degree. Student who are currently holders of a National Department of Social Development Scholarship do not have to apply
The scholarship will cover the following
- Registration fee
- Tuition Fees
- Prescribed books
- Stipend for practical’s and official accommodation provided by the university (Only accommodation, which has been contracted by the relevant University will be considered)
The applicant must:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen.
- New applicants must comply with the entry requirements set by the University or a proof of payment for admission.
- You can fully and correctly complete the scholarship application form which is obtainable from the Social Work faculty at the University or from the Provincial Departments of Social Development
- Attach the documentation: certified copies of grade 12 results and ID, Parents or guardians’ ID and proof of payment
- Be prepared to enter an agreement for counter service with the Department of Social Development
- Comply with the entry requirements set by the University
Please note that the Department pays within the amount of the scholarship, only appropriate expenses and does not pay out unused money to the student. Full study fees will only be settled after April, however a minimum amount will be paid by NSFAS after receipt of a proforma invoice. Application closing date is on the 27th of February