DPSA Benchmark Job Descriptions
DPSA Benchmark Job Descriptions. Follow the sample carefully and click here for more details and documents on the DPSA Benchmark Job descriptions.
BENCHMARK JOB DESCRIPTION
- JOB INFORMATION SUMMARY
|Name of jobholder:||:|
|Job title||:||Administrative Clerk (Supervisor)|
|Post level and salary code||:||Supervisory Level|
|Occupational class code||:|
|Name of component||:|
|Posts reports to||:|
|Date of appointment||:|
- JOB PURPOSE
Supervise and render an administrative support service.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Supervise and render general clerical support services.
- Record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data (line function).
- Update registers and statistics
- Handle routine enquiries
- Make photocopies and receive or send facsimiles
- Distribute documents/packages to various stakeholders as required
- Keep and maintain the filing system for the component
- Type basic letters and/or other correspondence when required
- Keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing register of the component
- Supervise and provide supply chain clerical support services within the component.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in relation to procurement of goods and services.
- Obtain quotations, complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office items.
- Stock control of office stationery.
- Keep and maintain the asset register of the component (district offices).
- Supervise and provide personnel administration clerical support services within the component.
- Maintain a leave register for the component
- Keep and maintain personnel records in the component
- Keep and maintain the attendance register of the component
- Arrange travelling and accommodation
- Supervise and provide financial administration support services in the component
- Capture and update expenditure in component
- Check correctness of subsistence and travel claims of officials and submit to manager for approval
- Handle telephone accounts and petty cash for the component.
- Supervise human resources/staff
- Allocate and ensure quality of work
- Personnel development
- Assess staff performance
- Apply discipline
- INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Skills and Competencies
The following are skills and competencies required towards achieving the goals of the department.
|Communication||Planning and organisation|
|Flexibility||Good verbal and written communication|
- KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge of clerical duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computer and collecting statistics.
Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
Knowledge of working procedures in terms of the working environment
- APPOINTMENT REQUIREMENTS
A grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
3 – 5 years experience required.
- CAREER PATHING
Compliance with the requirement of higher posts.
- AMENDMENTS TO JOB DESCRIPTION
The Head of Department or his/her nominee reserves the right to make changes and alterations to this job description, as he/she may deem reasonable, after due consultation with the post holder.
- PERFORMANCE AGREEMENT
The performance agreement of the incumbent, which contains a workplan and specific target dates, should be read as an extension of this job description. The performance agreement may also contain an annexure outlining any standard operating procedures that the incumbent should adhere to during the execution of his/her key performance areas.
- JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT
SIGNATURE OF POSTHOLDER
SIGNATURE OF MANAGER