DPSA | Department of Public Service and Administration
The aim of the Department of Public Service and Administration DPSA is to lead the modernisation of the public service, by assisting government departments to implement their management policies, systems and structural solutions, within a generally applicable framework of norms and standards, in order to improve service delivery.
Some of the issues that the Department deals with are:
- HIV/Aids issues
- anti corruption
- batho pele
- client services (SDI)
- conditions of service
- employment practice
- HR development
- IT projects
- job evaluation
- labour relations & negotiation
- learning networks
- senior management services
- service delivery improvement.
A professional, productive and responsive public service and administration
- Establish norms and standards to ensure that the state machinery functions optimally and that such norms and standards are adhered to.
- Implement interventions to maintain a compliant and functioning Public Service.
- Promote an ethical public service through programmes, systems, frameworks and structures that detect, prevent and combat corruption.
- Contribute towards improved public administration in Africa and internationally through dialogue and sharing of best practices.
We Belong, We Care, We Serve