A professional, productive and responsive public service and administration
- Establish norms and standards to ensure that the state machinery functions optimally and that such norms and standards are adhered to.
- Implement interventions to maintain a compliant and functioning Public Service.
- Promote an ethical public service through programmes, systems, frameworks and structures that detect, prevent and combat corruption.
- Contribute towards improved public administration in Africa and internationally through dialogue and sharing of best practices.
Remuneration policy documents
Circulars on this page. Visit the DPSA Remuneration page.
- DPSA Financial Manual
- Revised salary structure
- Models (active spreadsheets) to structure remuneration packages
- Political Office-bearers
- Sessional Assistance
- SMS Remuneration Matters (including annual cost-of-living adjustments
- MMS Remuneration Matters (salary levels 11 and 12
- Remuneration Matters for salary levels 1 to 10
- Incentive Policy Framework, linked to departmental performance management systems – pay progression and performance cash rewards (salary levels 1 to 12)
- Annual Cost-of-living Adjustments
- Special Advisors (including annual cost-of-living adjustments
- Acting Allowances (SMS and salary levels 1 to 12)
- Scarce Skills Allowances
- Allowances for personnel serving Executing Authorities
- Occupational Specific Dispensation
- Legal qualified personnel
- Professional Nurse, staff Nurse and nursing Assistant
- Medical Officers, Medical Specialists, Dentists, Dental Specialists, Pharmacologists, Pharmacists and Emergency Care Practitioners
- Other remunerative allowances (i. e. Danger, Night shift allowances)
- Foreign Service Dispensation
- Occupation classification system
- General matters not covered by the above
- Total Remuneration Package Dispensations
Related pages on the DPSA website
- Conditions of servicei. e. leave, housing, long service recognition, medical assistance, pension, compensatory allowances/payments
- Senior management servicei. e. leadership and management development, management of career incidents and performance, competencies
For enquiries contact :
- tel: 012 – 336 1222