Eastern Cape Department of Health Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Eastern Cape Department of Health aim to provide their residents with easily accessible and comprehensive health care services.
The bursary scheme was initiated as a means to develop the communities where the department renders their services. Once graduated, students are required to work within district facilities where health professionals are needed.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students within the Health field of study.
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Reside in the Eastern Cape,
- Currently studying (or intend on studying) within the Health sector,
- Willing to work in district facilities (usually in rural areas) once graduated.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be collected from an EC District Office, by contacting the following people:
- Alfred Nzo/ Kokstad
Tel: 083 666 1053
- Amathole/ East London
Tel: 082 958 6387
- Cacadu/ Port Elizabeth
Tel: 083 439 4229
- Chris Hani/ Queenstown
Tel: 072 715 3666
- Joe Gqabi/ Aliwal
Tel: 078 760 8222
- OR Tambo/ Mthatha
Tel: 073 160 9186
- Nelson Mandela Bay/ Uitenhage
tel: 073 427 7133
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Latets Matric results (mid year) OR Matric certificate if completed Matric (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary academic results if currently studying (certified copy),
- Proof of admission to tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead),
- Proof of address,
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension income or grant/ death certificate if deceased).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation can then be submitted to the same EC District Office.
31 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Mr Msimeleli Ngaphi
Tel: 040 608 9670/ 1/ 2/ 4