Economic Research Southern Africa Postgraduate Scholarship
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Economic Research Southern Africa Postgraduate Scholarship : The Economic Research Southern Africa (also known as the “ERSA”) is a research programme funded by the National Treasury of South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
ERSA scholarships are intended for Postgraduate or Masters studies in Economics. 10 scholarships are awarded each year to the value of R80 000.
Once students have obtained their masters degree, they will be be required to as economists in South Africa for a period of one year. Scholarship holders will also be required to present a paper at an ERSA workshop in the research group relevant to their specialisation – the paper must be regarding the dissertation component of their degree
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Obtained a minimum average of 70% in degree preceding this scholarship application
- Proved academic excellence in Economic studies
- Enrolled to study towards a masters degree in Economics
*Preference will be given to students from designated groups.
HOW TO APPLY – Economic Research Southern Africa Postgraduate Scholarship
Applications must be emailed to: email@example.com
(with the words “The ERSA scholarship programme” in the subject line and marked for the attention of: Ms Yoemna Mosaval).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- Full academic transcript for entire period of study at University (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at a University within South Africa
- Intended study programme details
- Essay briefly outlining your intended direction of research and why you should be awarded the scholarship (300 – 500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae
If you would like more information on the application process, please visit www.econrsa.org/application-procedure
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Yoemna Mosaval (Programme Co-ordinator)
Tel: 021 671 3980