Gauteng Dept of Infrastructure Development Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development are offering bursary opportunities to deserving students, in order to promote skill development and quality education. Students must excel academically and have a passion to pursue a career in the Engineering and Built Environment sector.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Civil/ Structural Engineering (BEng/BSC/B-Tech)
- Electrical Engineering (BEng/BSC/B-Tech)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/BSC/B-Tech)
- Architecture (BSC/B-Tech)
- Quantity Surveying (BSC/B-Tech)
- Construction Management (BSC/B-Tech)
- Interior Design (BSC/B-Tech)
- Supply Chain Management (BCom)
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration, tuition, prescribed books, study material and possibly accommodation.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Currently studying or intend on studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields,
- Accepted to study at a recognised tertiary institution,
- Strong academic potential.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be collected from a GDID office closest to you (visit www.did.gpg.gov.za/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx for branch details).
Alternatively, you can download an application form from: www.did.gpg.gov.za/Pages/Bursaries.aspx
The following documents should accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- All education qualifications (certified copies),
- Proof of tertiary acceptance (provisional)/ proof of registration,
- If currently in Matric, a testimonial from the school principal,
- Motivational letter,
- If accommodation is required: Parents/ Guardians proof of income (payslips or affidavit if unemployed) AND student accommodation quote.
Complete application forms and supporting documents must then be hand delivered to:
1 Diagonal Street
ABSA Bank Building
16 October annually
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Human Resource Development
Mr Frank Sape/ Mr August Matome
Tel: 011 355 5000
Email: Frank.Sape@gauteng.gov.za/ Matome.August@gauteng.gov.za