Johannesburg Water Bursary South Africa 2019 –
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Johannesburg Water Bursary – Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd was founded in 2001, owned by the City of Johannesburg. The main purpose is to provide clean and safe water and sanitation for its some 3.8 million residents.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following Water industry-related fields of study:
- Civil Engineering (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma)
- Communications/ Journalism/ Marketing/ Public Relations (Degree)
The bursary award will cover the following study expenses: tuition fees, accommodation at university residence and a cash allowance. Bursary recipients will also be given the opportunity to undertake paid vacation work.
On completion of their studies, students will be required to undertake employment with Johannesburg Water (SOC) Ltd.
ELIGIBILITY – Johannesburg Water Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Students who are studying or intend on study full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study at a recognised tertiary institution,
- Strong academic performance,
- Proven financial need.
*Preference will be given to female students, those with disabilities and those who have been previously disadvantaged.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be downloaded from www.johannesburgwater.co.za or www.joziwater.co.za (by copying and pasting the link into your web browser).
(NB: Please complete the application form in your own handwriting).
The following documents must accompany your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution (certified copies),
- Latest academic record official transcript from tertiary institution (original or certified copy),
- Parent/ Guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parent/ Guardians proof of income (certified copies of payslips or affidavit if unemployed).
Completed application forms and supporting documents must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
The Assessment & Career Development Section
P.O Box 61542
CLOSING DATE – Johannesburg Water Bursary
15 February annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 688 1400