Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Bursary Programme 2015
Closing Date: 19 September 2014
Since 1999 KAS has funded a scholarship programme, run by SAIIA in conjunction with the University of the Witwatersrand. This scholarship programme provides successful candidates with the opportunity of enrolling for a Masters degree by course work in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at Wits, while simultaneously working at SAIIA. The duration of the scholarship is from February to November each year. Successful candidates receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation.
Field Of Study
- International Relations,
- Political Science,
- Law or
- The successful applicants have to meet the entry requirements for a Masters degree at Wits, namely a minimum average of 65%, and should not be older than 30 years.
- One example of written work not exceeding 2500 words on a topic of your choice.
The scholars are supported in honing their methodological, research and writing skills, and are encouraged to:
- Co-publish newspaper articles on topics relevant to the work of SAIIA and their studies;
- Co-author articles in SAIIA publications; and
- Improve their presentation and organizational skills.
How To Apply
Forward a letter of motivation outlining your research interests and how you hope to use the skills gained at the Institute in the long term; a full CV; two written references (with names, addresses and phone numbers); and June honors degree results and academic transcripts of previous degrees to: Chitambira-Mude@wits.ac.za or Post to: Mrs Khetiwe Chitambira, The South African Institute of International Affairs, PO Box 31596, Braamfontein, 2017.
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now