Kumba Iron Ore Bursary 2021
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Kumba Iron Ore is a South Africa iron-ore mining organisation – it is in fact the largest iron-ore producer in Africa and the 4th largest across the globe. Kumba Iron Ore have established a bursary programme for students within the Engineering faculty. If you are interested in pursuing a career within the mining field, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current)
- Civil Engineering
- Geology (Honours)
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Minerals Surveying (BTech)
- Mining Engineering
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary award: registration, tuition, textbook allowance, accommodation allowance, meals allowance, calculator and computer allowance, excursion fee.
Students will also be able to partake in paid vacation work and receive 12 months of experiential training.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Students who are studying a Degree qualification: achieved a minimum of level 5 for English, level 6 for Mathematics and level 7 for Science,
- Students who are studying a B-Tech qualification: achieved a minimum of level 5 for English, Mathematics and Science.
*Preference will be given to students from Kumba Iron Ore operational local communities: Thabazimbi, Sishen and Kolomela mines.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Kumba Iron Ore Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Complete application forms and latest academic results must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 086 645 5160
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The bursary department
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now