Liberty Life Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Liberty Holdings Limited was founded by Sir Donald Gordon in 1957. What started as a South African life insurance company, is now a financial services provider, offering customers not only insurance, but also health products, investment options and asset management.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students within the Actuarial Science field of study.
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary award: tuition, accommodation in university residence/ an allowance if not residing at university, annual prescribed book allowance, calculator allowance (first year students),
On completion of their studies, students are required to undertake a period of employment with Liberty, for an equal period of time as the bursary award. Students will also be requested to complete vacation work at the Liberty Life’s Head Office in Johannesburg.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying (or intend on study) full-time towards an Actuarial Science degree,
- Obtained high academic results,
- Must have achieved a distinction for Mathematics (HG),
- If the student has Physical Science (HG) as a subject: must have achieved at least 2 distinctions (incl. Mathematics),
- If the student does NOT have Physical Science as a subject: must have achieved at least 4 distinctions (incl. Mathematics),
- Tertiary students must maintain high academic results in all subjects.
Students with strong leadership skills and those who partake in extra curricular activities (sports/ chess club/ debate teams etc) will have a competitive advantage.
*Preference will be given to African, Indian and Coloured students.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: https://liberty.jonti2.co.za/
Applicant must select the bursary listing under the “Vacancy list”, they will then be required to “Register” an account before “Logging In” and applying for the bursary programme.
Please upload the following items to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Proof of university enrollment/ acceptance (on university letterhead),
- Current tertiary students: full academic record/ transcript (on university letterhead),
- Proof of any extra curricular activities (where applicable).
31 August annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Liberty Group Limited
P O Box 10499