MAD Leadership Foundation High School Scholarship
SELECTION CRITERIA & PROCESS
When identifying suitable candidates, the following requirements are taken into account:
- Learners in Grade 7 to Grade 12
- Academic performance >65% aggregate
- In need of financial support for school fees (gross combined income per household per month should not exceed R15 000)
- Must be a South African
- Speaks and understands basic English
- Embraces a strong value system and sense of responsibility
- Participates in extra-curricular activities (school related activities)
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Actively involved in community service
A formal application is submitted, including: personal information, academic record, cultural and sporting activities, leadership experience and other achievements, and voluntary involvement in the learner’s community.
2Psychometric & Leadership Assessment
Selected candidates are invited to participate in Psychometric and Leadership Assessments. Each candidate completes a battery of psychometric tests. These tests determine, among other things, the applicant’s aptitude, personality type, interests, drive, coping skills and leadership potential.
3Final Panel Interview
Based on the recommendations of psychologists, following the testing phase, a final round of interviews is held to select the successful candidates that must be approved by the executive committee.
Once accepted onto the programme, we have an orientation function for all our new scholars and their parents / guardians, in order for them to meet with the Scholar Support Unit and their relevant coordinator; they are provided with all the necessary administrative guidelines and expectations.
MAD Leadership Foundation will focus on specific criteria for our 2016 applications for funding in ; this criteria will be stipulated with each available scholarship opportunity throughout the year. Applicants should carefully study the criteria before applying to ensure they qualify for the specific opportunity. Scholarship opportunities and applicable application forms will be advertised here and on our social media platforms throughout the year as and when they become available.
For any queries relating to our scholarships, please contact:
- Kyalami High School Scholarships
- Saili High School Scholarship
- MAD Leadership Foundation High School Scholarship
- Capitec foundation High School Scholarships
- African Scholars Fund – High School Scholarship
- SANRAL: High School Scholarship Programme
- Walter Sisulu Scholarship Fund – High School Scholarship
- WSAS Scholarships and Bursaries
- Allan Gray Scholarship for High School Learners
- J Nevis Bursary Application Form