Meridian School Scholarship
All applicants are required to complete an application form and submit all the required information in order to be considered for a scholarship.
Only learners who comply with the following criteria will be considered:
1. Learners applying to or attending any Meridian school including Northern Academy;
2. Black learners only (Black means African, Coloured and Indian as defined by the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act, ‘BBBEE Act’);
3. Learners who are South African citizens only;
4. New learners from Grades 8 to 10 (subject to writing ‘entrance’ exams to determine academic standards);
5. Existing learners from Grades 8 to 12;
6. Learners achieving academic excellence measured as:
• Attaining an overall aggregate of 70% or above in their latest academic report and
• Attaining at least 70% in Mathematics and English in their latest academic report (hereinafter referred to as ‘Minimum Academic Standards‘).
7. Clearly demonstrate financial need i.e. a combined household gross income not exceeding R20 000 per month. Verifiable details of household income and expenses to be provided (alternatively a sworn affidavit) including motivation for the scholarship.
8. Approximately 60% of learners to be female.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
• Copy of learner’s birth certificate/ID (new learners only)
• Copy of learner’s latest progress report
• Copy of parents’/legal guardian’s ID
• Proof of household income
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The scholarship will include all education, tablet and facility fees but will exclude the cost of uniforms, transport and any other sundry fees incurred from time to time.
2. Scholarships are awarded for 1 (one) year only with no expectation of renewal.
3. Full scholarships (i.e. 100% fee remission) or partial scholarships may be awarded.
4. Scholarships are not payable in cash and will be deducted from the monthly school fees.
5. Learners and parents will still be required to complete all the necessary documentation required for admission to the school.
6. If a learner decides to leave the school prior to the completion of the academic year in which the scholarship is awarded, he/she will forfeit the remainder of the scholarship not yet utilised and shall have no further claim thereon.
7. The school may terminate a scholarship at any time should the learner:
a. be guilty of misconduct in terms of the school’s Code of Conduct and other school policies;
b. fail to maintain satisfactory progress in his/her studies, and
c. fail to observe the terms and conditions contained herein.
8. Scholarship recipients will be required to adhere to the school’s Code of Conduct and all other school policies.
9. Scholarships are only to be offered if there is sufficient spare capacity in the relevant grades within the participating school.
10. Applications for scholarships are considered by the Executive Head and Regional Head and recommendations (including whether full or partial bursaries) submitted to the Meridian Financial Manager and CFO – Curro Holdings (collectively the ‘Approval Committee’) for approval;
11. Curro Holdings and/or Meridian Operations Company NPC reserves the right to amend, remove or change any of the terms relating to this scholarship policy, at any time and without consultation.
Closing Date: 31 March