Motsepe Foundation Bursary South Africa 2021
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Patrice and Precious Motsepe (the Motsepe family) were the first family in Africa to join The Giving Pledge. The Giving Pledge is a commitment by the wealthies individuals and families across the globe, to donate most of their wealth to philanthropy.
The Giving Pledge was founded by Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, and since its inception, the Motsepe family have pledged half of their wealth to the poor.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to within fields related to:
- Medical Studies
- Technology & Business Studies
Students in the following fields are also encouraged to apply:
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Proven financial need
- Achieved a minimum average of 70% in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Excellent academic results
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form (doc format), or the Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form (pdf format).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric mid-year results if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- University acceptance letter
- Matric certificate if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record if currently at tertiary institution (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ employment letter/ SASSA grant letter/ affidavit for informal traders/ death certificate if deceased etc – more detail can be found on the application form)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
14 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact
The Motsepe Foundation
Tel: 011 324 1500
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now