Mpumalanga Provincial Government Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Mpumalanga province is located in the eastern part South Africa, bordering on Mozambique and Swaziland. The Government of the Mpumalanga Province are awarding bursaries to unemployed students who wish to further their studies in one of the scarce skills sectors within the country.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Animal Health Care: BVSc Veterinary Science, National Diploma Veterinary Technology, National Diploma Veterinary Nursing, B.Sc Animal Health, B.Sc Agricultural Engineering (Bio Resource Engineering),
- Culture and Historial Studies: Archival Studies, Museum Human Scientists, Heritage Management, Heritage Site Management, Records Management, Library Information Studies, Indigenous language (IsiTsonga, IsiNdebele, Siswati) practitioners.
- Economics, Tourism and Engineering: Economic and Development Studies, B.Com Economics, Energy Economics, Mining Economics, Economic Modelling, Industrial Economics/Engineering, Economic Statistics, Econometrics, Masters in Local and Regional Development, International Trade, Tourism Management and Development, Knowledge Management Studies, Investment Analysis, Geographic Information System (GIS), Mining Engineering.
- Education: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Administration/ Commerce/ Human Resource Management, National Diploma/Bachelor of Construction Engineering, Bachelor of Psychology, Bachelor of Information Technology, Bachelor of Art, Bachelor of Sports /Human Movement Studies.
- Health and Medicine: MBCHB Medicine, Medical Orthotics and Prosthetics, B.Cur Nursing, Pharmacy, Bachelor of Clinical Medical Practice, EMS Diploma, Masters in Clinical Psychology, Dental Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Radiography, Bsc Dietetics/ Nutrition, Speech & Hearing Therapy, Clinical Engineering.
- Construction and Built Environment: Construction Management/ Construction Science, Land & Property Development Management, Architectural Studies, Quantity Surveyors, Geotechnical Engineers, Urban and Rural Studies.
- Science and Engineering: Architectural Science/ Technology, Building Science, BSc Construction Science, Quantity Surveyor, Land Surveying, Aviation Technician/ Inspector, Transport Economist, Transport Planning/ Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Water and sanitation Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
- Commerce: Economic Analysis, Financial Management/ Financial Accounting, Internal Auditing, Information Technology.
- Safety and Security: Community Policing, Crime Prevention Management, Road Transport/ Road Safety Management, Road Traffic & Municipal Management.
- Media and Communications: National Diploma Graphic Design, National Diploma Multimedia, National Diploma Film and Video Technology, National Diploma SCM-Assets Management, National Diploma Journalism, BA. Multi Media, B-Com Communication or Journalism, BA. Communication, BA. Political Sciences, BA. Social Sciences, B-Com Economic Science, LLB Degree: Forensic Investigation.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Reside in Mpumalanga province,
- Proven financial need,
- Engineering qualification students: achieved a minimum of 60& (or level 5-7) in Mathematics, Physical Science and English,
- Female students and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as those from rural communities.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be downloaded from: www.mpumalanga.gov.za/education/default.asp?nav=bursaries OR collected from a Provincial Government Department (public libraries, Thusong Service Centres, Circuit and Districts offices).
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ Guardians proof of income (certified copy of payslips/ affidavit if unemployed/ death certificates if deceased),
- If disabled: proof of disability from a registered medical doctor/ clinic/ hospital,
- Previous academic qualifications (certified copies),
- Proof of residence in Mpumalanga (utility bill – certified copy),
- Residents of the CRDP municipalities: stamped letter proof of residence from the local municipality’s CRDP coordinator,
- Current Matric students must add:
- June results (certified copy),
- Final Matric results must be submitted when available (in January of the following year),
- Proof of acceptance/ provisional acceptance/ registration from tertiary institution (to be submitted by 18 December at the latest),
- Current tertiary students must add:
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary academic results,
- Final end of year results must be submitted when available (in November or December),
Complete application forms and all supporting documents must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Bursary Unit
Mpumalanga Department of Education
Private Bag X 11341
2) Hand delivered:
The Department of Education (Provincial Office)
Riverside Government Complex Building
5 Upper Ground Floor
*Please do not fax or email any applications.
30 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Jerry Motha, Tel: 013 766 5405
Hlengiwe Zondi, Tel: 013 766 5370
Matubane Ranta, Tel: 013 766 5077