National Research Foundation Bursary In South Africa 2021
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa was established in 1999 to support and promote human capital development and research. The NRF has 3 major functions: to encourage an interest in technology & science, to facilitate research through the National Research Facilities and to support research and innovation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing degrees in one of the following fields:
- BEng/ BTech/ ND Electrical Engineering
- BEng Electronic Engineering
- BEng/ BTech/ ND Mechanical Engineering
- BEng Mechatronics
- BSc Computer Science
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric,
- Currently in second year of study in one of the aforementioned fields,
- Studying at a recognised University/ University of Technology in South Africa,
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% for first year of study.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the NRF Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest academic record/ transcript on tertiary institutions letterhead (certified copy).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (for attention: Ms S Dunge)
30 November annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 843 1000
See Also : Learnerships : Bursaries : Apprenticeships : Traineeships : and Internships Available Now