Pick n Pay Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Pick n Pay was established in 1967 and is the second largest supermarket chain store (after the Shoprite group) in South Africa. Chain stores can also be found in other African countries, including Namibia, Mozambique, Botswana, Lesotho, Mauritius, Zambia and Zimbabwe and has in the range of 50 000 employees.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary programme is open to students whose parents or legal guardians are employees of Pick n Pay.
Applicants must meet the following minimal criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- You are a dependent of a Pick n Pay employee,
- Pick n Pay casual staff are also eligible for the bursary, but not full-time staff,
- Currently registered to study at a University of Technology/ University for a diploma or degree,
- Must be in at least your first year of tertiary study,
- Achieved a minimum of 50% for the first semester of the current year.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible students must apply online at: http://www.studietrust.co.za (between 1 May and 30 September annually).
The following documents will be required to support your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric results certificate (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary exam results (certified copy),
- Proof of parent/ guardians employment at Pick n Pay (latest payslip),
- Two testimonials (one from an education official – principal or lecturer and the other one by a community leader).
30 September annually
For any bursary related queries, please contact:
The Bursaries Manager
Mr Johannes (Joe) Mcira
Tel: 011 403 1632
Fax: 086 560 5604
Please be sure to read the Bursary FAQ’s: http://www.studietrust.org.za/index.php/bursaries/bursary-applications/application-faq-s