RSM Trainee Accountants (SAICA) Learnership in South Africa
At RSM we’re always on the lookout for bright and ambitious Trainee Accountants, who want to qualify as Chartered Accountants, to join our offices across the country.
All our offices offer the audit and assurance electives. In Cape Town and Johannesburg we are also able to offer the tax elective. Below are guidelines of the role and responsibilities, qualifications and requirements for Trainee Accountant (SAICA) learnerships.
STRUCTURE AND CONTENTS OF THE SAICA TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR TRAINEE ACCOUNTANTS
1. Elective Skills:
- Audit and assurance, or
2. Compulsory Skills:
- Accounting and external reporting, and
- Pervasive professional skills, including business ethics, management and leadership, personal attributes and information technology
3. Residual Skills:
- Financial management
- Management decision making and control
- Risk management and governance
- Taxation, and
- Audit and assurance
REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Be studying towards, or be in possession of, a SAICA recognised B Com Degree or similar qualification from a South African University which is accredited by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Be academically strong and preferably have accounting and maths at matric level
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to go the extra mile and take initiative
- Be passionate about becoming a Chartered Accountant
- Have strong analytical ability
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Be deadline driven
- Have attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Have high levels of accuracy and thoroughness
Interested applicants can send their CVs and transcripts to the relevant office:
Cape Town: firstname.lastname@example.org
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates who meet the requirements of the job description. Should you not hear from us within 3 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
WHAT RSM SOUTH AFRICA OFFERS TRAINEES
RSM South Africa falls into the category of medium sized firms and has an extensive multi-disciplinary service offering. So whilst you’ll be connected to industry experts from across the globe, you will also be valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader and recognised for your accomplishments and potential.
We provide extensive training and development in a challenging and rewarding environment to help you achieve your best. This is how we empower you to move forward with confidence and realise your full potential.
This is the power of being understood.
As RSM, we support and empower you every step of the way:
- Individual partner attention
- Supportive nurturing environment
- Focus on mentoring and development
- Wide range of audit experience with a diverse client base
- Firm wide study support in the form of study leave and bursaries for board courses and board exams
- International exposure through secondment opportunities
- Variety of positions available to employees after completion of training contracts
- Exposure to a broad client base across different industries
- Monitoring of professional development and mentoring
- Fun social networking