ABOUT THE BURSAR
In 1936, South African Pulp and Paper Industries (SAPPI) Limited was founded as a producer of paper products, pulp, as well as forest and timber products. Today Sappi has its headquarters in Johannesburg and employees more than 12 800 people.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Sappi bursary is aimed at talented, innovative students. Applicants that meet the qualifying criteria will be interviewed before bursaries are awarded.
The bursary programme is intended for current undergraduate students/ grade 12 students who intend on studying or are currently studying within the following fields:
- BSc Chemical Engineering,
- BSc Electrical Engineering,
- BSc Forestry,
- National Diploma in Forestry,
- BSc Mechanical Engineering.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Between 18 and 25 years old,
- Studying or intending on studying full-time at a South African accredited university,
- Minimum average of 70% in Mathematics and Physical Science, and 65% in English,
- Qualify for university entrance/ confirmation of acceptance,
* Preference will be given to students with an average of 75% or more Physical Science and Mathematics.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria, please email the following documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motivation/ covering letter,
- Matric/ Grade 12 students: June-July results,
- Current university students: Academic transcripts.
Alternatively, you can post the above documents to:
The ETQA Manager, Human Resources
Sappi Southern Africa Ltd
PO Box 31560
August to September annually