South African Medical Association Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African Medical Association (SAMA) was implemented in May 1998 as a way to unify doctors from various specializations. Today, SAMA is a non-profit organisation for both private and public sector medical practitioners.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary is intended for students studying within the medical field, who are from disadvantaged backgrounds and also show strong academic ability. The bursary award is to the value of R20 000 per annum, to help medical students pay for any study related costs.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Accepted to study a first year medical studies at a recognised South African medical school.
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic merit
- Previously disadvantage background
- Social and demographic circumstances
- Potential to excel academically
- Leadership qualities
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be download at: https://www.samedical.org/about-us/bursary or can be requested via email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
The following supporting documents are to be submitted alongside the complete application form:
- ID document/ passport/ birth certificate/ citizenship certificate (certified copy),
- Applicants full name, contact details and residential address,
- CV (stating education and volunteer experience) to a maximum of 2 pages,
- Two most recent reports,
- Letter of acceptance into medical program and South African medical school (can be submitted after application form),
- Completed SAMA Bursary Questionnaire A form,
- Completed SAMA Bursary Questionnaire B form,
- Completed SAMA Bursary Confidential Report form.
Application forms and supporting documents can be delivered to:
The SAMA Medical Education Bursary Committee
P O Box 74789
OR emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
30 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 012 481 2036