South African National Space Agency (SANSA) Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) are a public entity oraganisation which was founded in 2010 and are operating under the National Department of Science and Technology (DST).
SANSA are offering bursary awards to students who are passionate and that want to excel in their chosen field of study.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students studying within Space related fields, specifically:
- Aeronautical Engineering (DTech, MEng, MTech, MSc, PhD)
- Aerospace Engineering (DTech, MEng, MTech, MSc, PhD)
- Antenna and RF system Engineering
- Climate Change (PhD/ Post-Doctoral)
- Earth Systems Sciences with Remote Sensing (Hons, MSc, PhD)
- Electrical/ Electronic Engineering (DTech, MEng, MTech, MSc, PhD)
- Geomagnetically-induced currents (Hons, MPhil, MSc, PhD, Post-Doctoral)
- Ionospheric structure and dynamics for improving satellite navigation (Hons, MSc, PhD)
- Physics of Antarctic space weather (Hons, MPhil, MSc, PhD)
- Mechanical Engineering (DTech, MEng, MTech, MSc, PhD)
- Remote Sensing (Hons, MSc, PhD)
- Software Engineering/ Information Systems/ Computer Science (Hons, MSc, PhD)
- Software Systems Engineering (DTech, MEng, MTech, MSc, PhD)
- Space Engineering (DTech, MEng, MTech, MSc, PhD)
- Space Weather models (Hons, MPhil, MSc, PhD)
- Systems Engineering (DTech, MEng, MSc, MTech, PhD)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% from previous degree qualification,
- Intend on enrolling to study a Honours, Masters and DTech/ PhD qualification,
- Satisfy the minimum entry criteria for acceptance into one of the aforementioned fields of study at a recognised South African University,
- Identify the research area of their interest (projects will be assigned to students).
*Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged applicants.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must first “Register an account”, via the following link: http://www.sansa.org.za/bursaries/login-register.
Once you have registered, you can login (via the same link) with your login details you created.
Follow the prompts.
You will be required to upload the following supporting documents (in .pdf/ .word or .tif format and no larger than 2048KB):
- ID document (certified copy),
- June exam results or progress report (certified copy),
- Complete SANSA Testimonial Form (pdf),
- MSc and PhD students must add their research proposal.
31 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact: