Standard Bank Bursary Programme
Studietrust is an independent national bursary agency which aims to join forces with selected young people who are determined to become winners and assists them to empower themselves through further education and training in the struggle against poverty, ignorance and exploitation. Studietrust aims to raise funds, grant financial assistance (bursaries and loans) to carefully selected, deserving young people and to give motivational guidance and support to students towards fulfilling their potential and for the benefit of South Africa.
Standard Bank is offering a full-cost bursary to students who are academically excellent and in need of financial assistance. The bursary covers:
- University fees;
- Accommodation – in a university residence or in private accommodation. Private accommodation costs will be subject to certain limits, to be explained to successful candidates upon the provisional bursary allocation;
- Meals – provided by the university or self-catering;
- Books and other study materials;
- A laptop computer;
- A monthly stipend to cover other living costs;
- Transport between home and campus 4 times a year at the cost of a bus ticket.
The completed application form must be submitted before 30 September if you want to be considered for a Standard Bank bursary
Due to a possible postal strike, it is encouraged that applicants make use of the online application facility (http://www.studietrust.org.za). Alternatively email your completed form and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your completed form and supporting documents to 086 538 1537.
*Please note: All Targeting Talent/ Talent Development Programme learners are required to tick the TTP box when asked about the Standard Bank Centres of Excellence to ensure recognition that you are a TTP/TDP learner.