Tim Mills Memorial Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Tim Mills was a late director of the law firm, Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr, who sadly passed away in a motor vehicle accident in May 2012. The Tim Mills Memorial Bursary was created in memory of the well-respected employment lawyer, to carry on his legacy.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
This bursary is to be awarded to a postgraduate student, who intends to establish a career in the law faculty, by way of an LLM degree at a South African university of their choice.
The bursary will cover tuition fees (to a maximum of R25 000 per student).
Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- intend on enrolling for an LLM degree at any South African university
- submit a fully complete application form and supporting documents before the closing date
- proven academic performance
- proven financial merit
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete Tim Mills Memorial Bursary Application Form (pdf) in full.
Send your complete application form and all of the below supporting documents to:
apply4lawJHB@dlacdh.com (for Johannesburg based applicants)
apply4lawCPT@dlacdh.com (for Cape Town based applicants)
Please include the following supporting documents with your application:
1) Curriculum vitae
2) Copy of your ID document
3) Full academic transcript
4) Copy of degree certificate (if applicable)
5) Copies of Grade 12/ Matric certificate
6) Details of intended LLM studies
7) LLM tuition fees breakdown
8) Reference letter
9) A letter covering the following topics:
- what is important to you
- why you should receive the Tim Mills Memorial Bursary
- any extra information you would like to highlight