Transnet Bursary: Reach Higher Full-time Education now
Transnet bursary is the best solution for South African students who are enthusiast to further studies and interested in working for the well-known government owned limited company. If this is you, read more to find out about Transnet bursary.
About Transnet SOC Ltd.
Transnet, headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, is a limited company owned by the government that focus on five divisions: national port, port terminals, freight rrail, pipelines and engineering. Currently, Transnet Freight Rail is the largest outside United States owned by a government department. Transnet is a vital role in South Africa’s development which has the main purposes to expand transport operations in the country and widening business opportunity across the country
Available Fields of Study
Transnet bursary open for required fields of study depend on the company’s current need:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering (heavy current)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Metallurgical Engineering
Candidates are allowed to study at any accredited South African university/institution majoring in required fields listed above.
Requirements For Bursary
There are several requirements for every applicants to adhere and those are:
- Applicants must be South African citizens with valid ID
- Transnet bursary open for full-time undergraduate students and Grade 12 graduates intending to study the required fields listed above
- Medically fit
- Successful candidates are willing to work during vacation priod and bound with work contract after study completion
- Bursary awarded to academically deserving candidates
- Selected candidates, based on academic progress on tertiary level or secondary, must be available for interviews
Transnet bursary covers tuition fees, accommodation and meals fees, books allowance and training fees. Transnet bursary does not responsible for repeated course. Successful bursars are required to work for Transnet for every year they are on Transnet financial aid. Transnet has the right to terminate the bursary if bursars’ academic performance is unsatisfying.
Vacation work is available on June/July or December/January holiday period and based on required period and preferred location. The accommodation fees are bursars’ responsibility.
Applying For Bursary
Transnet bursary opens for submission from 1 May – 31 July. Interested students can retrieve Transnet bursary application form here:
Please attach Grade 11 and Grade 12 academic results or complete tertiary academic results along with completed Transnet bursary application form to:
Transnet Bursary Office
150 Commissioner Street
Or to email@example.com