UWP Consulting Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Illovo Sugar Limited is the largest sugar producer group in the African continent, with manufacturing and agricultural operations in 6 African countries. Illovo produces raw and refined sugar for sugar cane suppliers across the globe
The company was founded in 1891 and is based in Durban, South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (heavy and light current)
- Instrument Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, exam fees, prescribed textbooks, meals and accommodation.
1) University of Technology students will be sponsored for in-service training, on condition that they complete their B Tech degree.
2) Students may be requested to complete vacation work at Illovo.
3) Students may be requested to undergo practical training at an Illovo Operating Centre.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a University or University of Technology,
- Matric students: achieving high academic results in English, Science and Mathematics,
- Tertiary students: achieving high academic results in all subjects.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: https://www.illovocareers.co.za/Bursary-and-Grad
Please attach the following items in your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric students: latest results (mid-year) AND proof of acceptance to study in one of the above fields at a University or Technikon (on tertiary letterhead),
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead),
- Curriculum Viate.
15 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Illovo Bursary Department