Vhembe District Municipality Mayoral Bursary 2021 –
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Vhembe District Municipality Mayoral Bursary : Vhembe is based in the Limpopo province and is the northern-most district of South Africa, bordering on Zimbabwe; Mozambique and Botswana. The Vhembe District Municipality was established in 2000 and have their head quarters based in Thohoyandou. Made up of 4 local municipalities: Mutale, Musina, Makhado and Thulamela.
Vhembe has a population of more than 1.1 million redisdents and covers an area of over 21 000 km2. Majority of the population speak Venda, followed by Tsonga and then Northern Sotho.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Vhembe District Municipality are offering bursary awards to students who are studying (or intend on studying) within the following fields:
- Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Mining and Mechanical Engineering
- B Com Accounting, Financial Accounting, Finance and Auditing
- Economics and Business Management
- Agriculture, Tourism and Information Technology
- Environmental/ Disaster/ Waste Management, Hydrology and Water Management, Regional and Town Planning
Preference will be given to students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Only applicants based in the Vhembe District may apply.
HOW TO APPLY – Vhembe District Municipality Mayoral Bursary
Application Forms can be downloaded online at: http://www.vhembe.gov.za OR collected from the Office of the Executive Mayor (2nd floor).
Please include the following supporting documents with your application form:
- Applicants & parents ID documents or birth certificates (certified copies),
- Matric students: June results (certified copy),
- Matric students: Letter of reference from the school principal (certified copy),
- Tertiary students: academic record (certified copy),
- Affidavit from unemployed parents (certified copy),
- roof of residence from Head Man, Civic or SANCO) (certified copy).
Application and supporting documents should be addressed to:
The Municipal Manager
Private Bag x5006
27 November annually.
Executive Mayor’s Office
Tel: 015 960 2008/ 2012